Wikipedia (The Friendly Tool)

Search results

Thursday, April 9, 2020

1 week of Blogged Quarantine

    Currently in my area, nothing is open except grocery stores, walgreens, and gas stations. What used to be a place filled with people due to the immense number of places to eat near me is now a ghost town. I used to go to the subway near me at least twice a month to get my favorite sandwich, a footlong on Italian herb and cheese, with turkey ham, bacon, mozzarella, and provolone toasted, along with lettuce, onion and green peppers. Not having that sandwich for an extended period of time is sad, because it's a really good sandwich and I highly recommend. I used to get that sandwich before track meets, on my way home from school, on weekends when I’m hungry, it was my favorite sandwich and CONVID-19 had taken that sandwich from me. Almost brings a tear to my eye that I will not be able to taste that amazing bacon turkey and ham, covered in melted cheese again. We aren’t sure how long this quarantine will last but it needs to end soon because the first day quarantines over and subways open, I'M GETTING THAT SANDWICH.

    I listen to music all the time, so much so I bought myself a $250 pair of headphones with my money earned working at Panda Express part time. I felt my cheap earbuds I had bought from the New Trier bookstore weren’t giving me the optimal sound I wanted to hear when listening to my music. My taste of music isn’t what most would expect either. I listen to mostly Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, and Punk Rock, which many see to be extremely out of the ordinary. I used to only really listen to Hip Hop and rap, but i started paying more attention to the songs my dad was playing in the car and I just loved how the guitar and drums, and the bass sounded with the lyrics. The first band I had ever played attention to in the car when my dad was playing music was blink-182, and their song ‘First Date’ was playing, I loved the fast paced beginning with the sound of the lead singers voice mixed with he electric guitar. It all sounded like perfect music to me. I began listening to more of blink-182 songs, falling in love with the bands overall sound. I slowly extended my liking in the genre, starting to listen to bands like Green Day, Nirvana, Counting Crows, and Pearl Jam, etc. What started has a small playlist with only a few Blink-182 songs is now a diverse playlist with over 300 songs.

    The best thing I have eaten over quarantine is probably my self proclaimed world famous egg sandwich. The sandwich is served on a toasted pretzel roll, with two eggs cooked sunny side up. Bacon is obviously added along with my favorite vegetable, the onion, and to spice it up a medium load of sriracha sauce drizzled over the onions and bacon. I have made this sandwich almost everyday during quarantine mostly because its delicious, nutritious and I have made it so many times its almost impossible for me to mess it up. It all started freshman year when I used to have football practice every morning. Well when I would bike home from practice no one would be home so I’d be left to fend for myself for a few hours. I would just make the egg sandwich everyday and I never got tired of it. To be honest I am kind of using it as an alternative to the subway sandwich I love so much. The process has evolved over the years as well, I used to grill the onions but now I prefer them raw, I used to use two separate pans, one for the bacon one for the 2 eggs, now everything is thrown on one pan to make clean up easier, and I used to not add sriracha, and now its not complete without it.
   

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you when it comes to the music. I listen to music all the time as well and I don't know if I could live without it. Ever since quarantine, I've also been expanding my music tastes and what I've been listening to due to having more time and just being able to appreciate it more.

    ReplyDelete